Author Topic: Cakes!  (Read 4322 times)

alison

Re: Cakes!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
thanks! Yes sure it was.

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Alison, I'm sorry you were disappointed with your cake :( Maybe it was a 'one off'?

I've regularly bought cakes for my family from All things Nice, Claudios and Archers. All of which have been delicious!

Go and try a few out ;)

alison

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »
I wouldn't mind a few other recs than all things nice. I saw three cafes on the way up market street, there is a bakers down stockport road that looked nice, and what about archers. Surely somebody has tried some of these places. Come now, surely they must all be nicer than the mass produced Costa cakes?!

meredith

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
Its the sad truth but there is no where other that All things nice,
Libby's in Marple Bridge is very nice, I cannot believe that someone whose business it is
to sell cake have such poor quality control and standards to allow a dry piece of cake to go home with you,
and for you to be disappointed enough to write about it ! I bet you will never go back there again I would not blame you!

alison

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »
Thanks Salex, any more.

Amazon, I think there is plenty of discussion elsewhere about supermarkets ta, try one of those threads.

Alison

amazon

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
Hi all

Just been for a visit to Marple and had a little stroll round the shops. I was amazed how many cake shops and cafes have sprung up since I last took the time to have a look around. Seized by a sudden urge for coffee and walnut cake I chose a shop randomly and bought some to take home. Now unfortunately this cake was disappointing and dry, I'm not saying where it was from as that's not the point.

My question is, with all these cake shops and cafes there must be a brilliant place I can get a non disappointing slice of coffee and walnut cake from. So come on Marple, where do you recommend?

Alison
You will then noticed a lack of supermarkets as well .if you want cake shops Cafes charity shops come to marple . By all means .

Salex

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
I'd recommend, All Things Nice, on Church Lane. Their cakes are scrumptious  :)

alison

Cakes!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
Hi all

Just been for a visit to Marple and had a little stroll round the shops. I was amazed how many cake shops and cafes have sprung up since I last took the time to have a look around. Seized by a sudden urge for coffee and walnut cake I chose a shop randomly and bought some to take home. Now unfortunately this cake was disappointing and dry, I'm not saying where it was from as that's not the point.

My question is, with all these cake shops and cafes there must be a brilliant place I can get a non disappointing slice of coffee and walnut cake from. So come on Marple, where do you recommend?

Alison