Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Parcel Postage. Ebay  (Read 9268 times)

ringi

Re: Parcel Postage. Ebay
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »
you would be amazed at how many items are incorrectly addressed and corrected at the sorting office in Marple.
wrong numbers on letters or numbers that don`t exist.
incorrect postcodes, street names spelt incorrectly.
wrong street on letter e.g. letter for church lane addressed to church street.

Most months we get post for another property, I expect that as we get lots of post they sick to the bundle for us, so just get put in our letter box.   Mostly it is houses next to us in the same road; sometimes it’s for houses in a different near by road.

amazon

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
you would be amazed at how many items are incorrectly addressed and corrected at the sorting office in Marple.

Glad to hear that the post office can do no wrong .

red666bear

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 08:13:51 PM »
So Royal Mail don't do that then or lose cards and parcels .

amazon

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »
+1 on this. Here's the trailer for the programme which covers private postal services. Ever wondered why those items were broken when they were sent via courier? Watch this...horrific. Monday 29th April 2013, 8pm Ch4.

So Royal Mail don't do that then or lose cards and parcels .

Howard

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »
please watch dispatches on monday night next week channel 4.

+1 on this. Here's the trailer for the programme which covers private postal services. Ever wondered why those items were broken when they were sent via courier? Watch this...horrific. Monday 29th April 2013, 8pm Ch4.

red666bear

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 03:12:18 PM »
It's called competition .
royal mail deliver to 29 million uk addresses 6 days a week including all remote outposts.
this is not competition on a level playing field.

companies like hermes are only homing in on profitable areas unlike royal mail who have an obligation to deliver everywhere.

amazon

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »
of course they are cheaper, they set up in large towns or city centres. nothing more than cherry pickers.
next time your in the middle of nowhere you will always see a royal mail van.
whenever theres a bit of bad weather these companies put their items into the royal mail system.

who delivers your letters 6 days a week, royal mail NOT hermes!

It's called competition .

red666bear

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »
I've used My Hermes a few times now, the rates are much cheaper than Royal Mail and the service good. Its convenient for me that they will collect from my shop.
of course they are cheaper, they set up in large towns or city centres. nothing more than cherry pickers.
next time your in the middle of nowhere you will always see a royal mail van.
whenever theres a bit of bad weather these companies put their items into the royal mail system.

who delivers your letters 6 days a week, royal mail NOT hermes!

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »
Is there any merit in your shop becoming the pick up / drop off point for Marple? Would My Hermes pay you a fee to provide that service locally?

Mark,

I will look into this, however I suspect that they will want a shop that is open for longer hours than mine.

ringi

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Is there any merit in your shop becoming the pick up / drop off point for Marple? Would My Hermes pay you a fee to provide that service locally?

Regardless of any fee there is merit in getting more people into a shop.   If I am picking up a parcel and have to queue for that, I am likely to get my milk at the same time, rather than going next door.

Hopefully a nice shop at Rose Hill will take it on, as I try to avoid shops that have nastier parking signs and staff that hate anyone that shops else were.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
I've used My Hermes a few times now, the rates are much cheaper than Royal Mail and the service good. Its convenient for me that they will collect from my shop.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Stationery Supplies

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »

Cyberman

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:35:18 PM »
Is that the one side of river from dunhelm mill .how does it work .
Hermes couriers can collect from you, but I find it quicker and cheaper if I drop the parcel off at one of their "ParcelShops" - usually a small convenience store with good opening hours. The Stockport one is on 10 - 11 Middle Hillgate. You can track your parcel on the Hermes website using the code on the receipt.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »

Just looked at Hermes website tells me there's one at premier higher bents lane that take parcels .

amazon

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »
I've used them a few times too - good service and excellent tracking features. I drop off at the shop in Stockport (Hillgate) on my way to work. Shame there isn't a shop in Marple providing the service. Perhaps Rose Hill Stores could do it?